Monday, March 10, 2008

Getting Back Into Eating

I'm trying to keep my meals as simple as possible and am eating more mono meals. Today I had water with lemon first thing, then around 9:00 am I had a grapefruit. I'm really enjoying grapefruit right now, something I've never really eaten in the past. Around 11:00 am I had six prunes that I soaked overnight. Not sure how long I'll keep eating prunes, but they sure do taste good. At noon I had two oranges, I blended one and poured it over a cut up one in a bowl, very yummy!

Mid-afternoon I made a banana smoothie, just bananas and three soaked dates. I was quite hungry so I think I had five bananas and I also put in a couple of tablespoons of a mixture of ground up flaxseeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.

I had a little treat after my smoothie, four hempballs that I got from a raw-food restaurant before I started my cleanse/fast. I'd put them in the freezer and forgot about them and just noticed them today, what a nice surprise!

I was planning to have a salad this evening but I wasn't hungry so decided I would just skip a meal, I'm sure I'll feel better for it. I've often read that undereating is one of the best things you can do for your health so I'm going to try to keep that in mind.

I was hoping to watch the live webcast of Oprah's "A New Earth" tonight but couldn't get connected, guess I'll listen to it tomorrow.

Time to call it a day.
Yvonne

No comments: