Thursday, March 6, 2008

Water Fast

This is an update on the last five days on my clease/fast. I completed seven days of the Master Clease and on Monday started a water fast. I was a little apprehensive about doing a water fast because my only experience on only water was one day in the middle of a juice fast and it was quite uncomfortable.

So this is how the last three days have gone. Monday was no problem except I really didn't like the taste of just water, especially after the seven days of lemonade which was quite sweet with all the maple syrup. However, I stuck to it and the day went well. I was really tired around 6:00 pm so laid down and slept for an hour which is very unusual for me to sleep that long and so soundly during the day. When I woke up I felt nauseated and kind of spacey but that pretty much went away in a couple of hours. I slept quite well Monday night.

Tuesday morning I felt a little weak and still slightly nauseated but that soon passed and the rest of the day was great. I was quite surprised how good I felt. I just sipped water whenever I felt thirsty, I didn't drink a lot at one time and I drank it slightly warm. Tuesday night I didn't sleep well at all. I woke up about 2:30 am and my heart was pounding and I broke out in a sweat and felt very uneasy and wide awake. I got up and drank a bit of water, changed into dry PJ's, read for a bit and when I was feeling better I all of a sudden got quite tired so went back to bed and slept until 8:00 am. I don't usually sleep past 6:00 so this was quite a surprise.

Wednesday I felt pretty good all day. I had planned to go out to do a couple of errands but we had a huge snowfall so decided to stay home. All day today and yesterday I've had a very salty taste in my mouth, probably my body detoxing the salt from the salt flushes I did, I wouldn't do salt flushes again, I really don't think all that salt is a good thing. Wednesday night was worse than Tuesday. I woke up with my heart pounding, feeling very weak and sweating much more than the night before. I actually felt like I might pass out. I got up, changed into dry PJ's, and decided to squeeze some orange juice into my water to get me over the weakness. In about 15 minutes I felt much better and went back to bed and right to sleep. For some reason I started to feel really chilled about 6:00 am so got up and filled my hot water bottle and went back to bed to warm up.

I decided to break my water fast today, Thursday, it felt like I had done the water long enough so this morning I had four ounces of fresh strained orange juice diluted with 4 ounces of water. One hour later I had the same and two hours after that I had 8 ounces of slightly diluted orange juice and in a couple more hours I will have one or two whole oranges, which I'm supposed to chew well. That will be all the food for today.

I've also been reading "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle and have been making a conscious effort to live in the present and being still and meditating, which to me is just trying not to think about things but just "be". It's a great book and I'm also listening to Oprah's class on the book. The class in on Monday nights for the next 10 weeks. Just go to www.oprah.com for details.

Overall its been a great experience and I'm so glad I did it. I feel really good and my stomach is so flat, I love it. One of the reason I wanted to do this cleanse/fast was to hopefully resolve some of the issues I'd been having such as overeating and yo-yoing between raw and cooked. I'm very excited now and looking forward to following Doug Graham's 80/10/10 plan.

I'm really looking forward to those oranges!!
Yvonne

No comments: