Tuesday, January 16, 2007

100% Raw - To Be or Not To Be

This is a question I struggled with for quite some time. I've been 80% - 90% raw since July 2000 and during that time had tried to be 100% raw quite a few times and would beat myself up when I "fell off the wagon". Looking back, knowing now it was a process I had to go through, the only thing I would do differently is not be so hard on myself. I realize now that it takes a long time to get over the addiction to cooked food and all the emotional attachments to it. It took quite a few tries, but I can honestly say I no longer have cravings for the final foods I had such a hard time giving up, namely popcorn, pizza and sweets.

Being 100% raw isn't for everyone but its the only thing that works for me. I find that if I'm eating some cooked food, I just want more and one thing leads to another and then I think "why bother?" but having come this far there's no turning back! Now that I'm committed to 100% raw, there isn't any question as to what I'm going to eat, if its not raw, I don't eat it. I'm not saying its always easy, but I think about it less and less. I thoroughly enjoy and look forward to my meals of fresh fruit, green smoothies and salads.

So if you're feeling discouraged, just take a deep breath and think about how well you're doing and the progress you have made, and you'll feel much better.

Until next time.
Yvonne

No comments: