Friday, January 19, 2007

My Raw Food Day

The following is what I ate today, and this was a pretty typical day.

I started off with a teaspoon of Green Kamut in a cup of magnetized water, the Green Kamut and the Magnetic Cup are available on my website. I don't take Green Kamut every day and actually had stopped for quite a few months, but when I don't have a good variety of greens on hand, such as dandelion, mustard and kale I like to supplement with Green Kamut. Next was ten minutes on the rebounder, exercise isn't my favourite thing, but I faithfully rebound every day.

Then is was time to make a big Green Smoothie - six small bananas, one apple, a cup of blueberries, two stalks of celery, romaine lettuce and a handful of leafy greens and a tablespoon of Maca. I ate half for breakfast, in a bowl with another cut up banana and sprinkled with ground flax, sesame and pumpkin seeds, and took the rest to work for lunch.

When I got home, about 3:00 pm, I ate ten, yes that's right ten, small mandarin organic oranges. They were so good I just couldn't get enough. Then about 5:00 pm I had a handful of macadamian nuts while I prepared my blended salad - one tomato, a couple of pieces of soaked sun-dried tomatoes, some cucumber, two small carrots, two stalks of celery, leafy greens to fill the blender, apple cider vinegar to taste and a little raw agave. I would have added 1/4 of an avocado but I didn't have a ripe one. I've just started eating these blended salads in place of a salad some evenings and I really enjoy them. I then took our dog, Dali, for a walk. She's a Border Collie and loves to run and seemed to especially enjoy it today in the fluffy freshly-fallen snow.

When I got back from our walk, I felt like I wanted something more to eat, some days I'm more hungry than others, so I blended up two bananas and some strawberries and thoroughly enjoyed my dessert!

Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time.
Yvonne

No comments: