Monday, January 15, 2007

Live Pizza Recipe

My very first blog! I'd planned to start this at the beginning of January but other things took priority, like getting my webpage started, check it out at www.rawfoodrocks.com . It's still under construction but I'm getting there!

If you read my "About Us" page you know about my struggle with giving up pizza. Well, I've done some experimenting and came up with a raw pizza crust that my husband and I love and I'd like to share it with you. I'll add it to my recipe page shortly but here it is:

Crust:
Soak and sprout 1 cup raw buckwheat grouts, soak one day, sprout for two
1/2 cup almond meal (from strained nut milk)
1/2 cup ground flax seed, sesame seed and pumpkin
seed mixture (equal parts) or just ground flax seed
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp salt is desired
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
water if needed
Process the above in a food processor until a doughy consistency.
Makes 4 five inch pizza crusts.
Dehydrate for 4 - 5 hours.

I used this Topping Sauce from "Eating Without Heating"
Blend the following:
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup soaked raisins, I added the soaking water from raisins and tomatoes
1/4 cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Pour in a bowl and add 1 tsp dried onion, 1 tsp dry garlic and 2 tbsp nutritional yeast.
Spread on pizza crust and top with marinated mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.

We haven't had cooked pizza for a couple of months now and don't even miss it!

Until next time.
Yvonne

1 comment:

Feeling groovy... said...

We tried both your crust and sauce recipe yesterday. They are delicious! We'll be using both again.

Thanks much for sharing it on the net.